Speaking Out: Sharing Our Bigelow Tea Case Studies with The Conference Board
We’re often asked to showcase our client, Bigelow Tea, as a social media case study. Last Friday, I told the tale of Bigelow Tea’s blogging beginnings (and their present day story) at the Corporate Communication and Web 2.0 conference for The Conference Board.
Some stories that caught the audience’s attention included the infamous Don Imus incident (as we’ve written about here, and which was included in Shel Holz’s and John Havens’s book, Tactical Transparency), the “How a blog saved Fruit and Almond Tea from oblivion” incident (written about here), and my closing summary, which included these tips:
- Make sure your brand is consistent online and off-line
- Everything begins with great content. Do your customers want to read your blog?
- Reach out to your online fans and support their efforts on their turf.
- Don’t forget to listen.
- Evolve with your customers and try to stay ahead of your industry’s curve.
- Saying “thank you” is like magic!
Check out our slideshow from the presentation: