As 2011 approaches, you already have some personal and business goals in mind that you’d like to work toward. But what about your social media goals? (You do have social media goals, right?)
First, identify the obvious problems that are hampering your social media efforts:
- Do you need to make social media easier?
- Do you need to find new ways to save time?
- Are you having trouble measuring the effects of social media?
- Do you need to convince someone that social media is worth it?
Maybe your goals are more specific, such as…
- Finding the right social media voice for your brand.
- Finding the right people to represent your brand online.
- Outsourcing or self-creating your social media work?
- Aligning your expectations with your customers’ expectations.
Or, maybe you’re trying to optimize a specific tool in your social media toolbox, like…
- Using Twitter to improve your customer service.
- Creating cool YouTube marketing videos to get people’s attention.
- Managing a useful LinkedIn group.
Be honest with yourself: if your social media efforts are falling short, admit it.
Then take the necessary steps to improve.
2011 is a whole new year. Anything is possible. So get cracking.
Image by Finding Josephine